GEOFOAM - Lightweight Structural Void Fill
- Avoids costly pool removal
- Reduces lateral pressure
- No need for Re-enforcement
- Future Renovation or inverse removal of foam
- Quicker time lines
- Faster builds
- Less concrete used
- More stable substrate
- Cost saving over framing
- Less weight
- Accurate dimensioning
- Remodeling capable
See how weight was reduced using Durafill Geofoam on a resort project on a Lake Michigan peninsula.
Geofoam 100 times lighter
There are numerous ways that Geofoam can reduce cost:
- Geofoam does not have to be compacted
- Compared to other fills Geofoam can be placed quickly without the use of large equipment
- Delivery costs are reduced as 1 truck of Geofoam equates to 12 truck of other fills
- Not expensive or time consuming form needed as Geofoam can have materials used direct on or next to it
- Many case less material to be removed in using Geofoam
- Possibly reduce the amount or thickness of concrete used
- Less expensive structural utility products could be used with less loading
- Less settlement can decrease call backs or maintenance costs
- Predictable Uniform Material BehaviorGeofoam can be designed and manufactured to attain and maintain a more specific design criteria which is quite different from alternative fill products that can fluctuate and become unreliable.
- Lateral Pressure ReductionGeofoam is light weight and can reduce the lateral force on a retaining wall or abutment.
- Thermal Insulation PropertiesGeofoam l is 98-99% air by volume, making it a highly efficient thermal insulator. It can be used to thermally protect utilities or other frost prevention application.
- Non-BiodegradableOur Geofoam will not lose it physical properties or degrade while covered, thus assuring a long life and long-term performance.
- Inert - no leachingOur Geofoam has no leaches and will not contaminate the surrounding environment.
- Low interface friction
In direct shear tests the interface friction between sand and our Geofoam is comparable to the internal friction of sand alone.
- Proven Product40 years experience tens of thousands of projects
- Show More
DOT uses Durafill Geofoam between two lakes
Blue Harbor Resort built on Durafill Geofoam
A submarine exhibit uses Durafill Geofoam
Watch movies using Durafill Geofoam Stadium Seating
Outdoor Big Ten hockey game played on Durafill Geofoam
Mircofiltration plant utilizes Durafill Geofoam
Local College ramps up savings and cuts build time